One of the greatest benefits to staying at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel is that you receive complimentary transportation on property via a wide range of buses, boats, and monorails that move throughout the resort. Wilderness Lodge Bus service is bus service “available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2:00 a.m. from the Downtown Disney Area”.
The bus system has a single main loading and unloading area outside of Wilderness Lodge. Through the lobby you’ll walk past the gift shop (on the right) and down past the Cub’s Den (on the left), continue on outside and past the building housing the Villas. At the end of the path you will find the Bus Depot with a selection of three stops.
- Bus Stop 1: Busses stop here if they’re going to Magic Kingdom or Fort Wilderness
- Bus Stop 2: Busses stop here if they’re going to Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Blizzard Beach
- Bus Stop 3: Busses stop here if they’re going to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, or Typhoon Lagoon
There may not always be a bus waiting at the stop when you arrive and guests are encouraged to wait in queue. During most times at Walt Disney World the longest time you will spend waiting for a bus is about 15 minutes. However, this can be affected seasonally, by special events, and Park openings or closings. You should plan for extremely heavy volume and an extended wait time when using the bus system during the first two hours parks are open in the morning, as well as right around and just after closing park times at night.
Travel Times to Parks are based on their distance away from Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort location. Travel times may vary, please leave at least an hour before you are supposed to be at a location.
- Magic Kingdom – 11 minutes by boat – Though a Magic Kingdom Bus is available, the water taxi is by far the most popular transportation option for Magic Kingdom Travel.
- Epcot – 18 minutes
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – 20 minutes
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 22 minutes
- Downtown Disney – 28 minutes
- Blizzard Beach water park – 24 minutes
- Typhoon Lagoon water park – 28 minutes
In addition to bus service, guests may choose water transportation from the Wilderness Lodge boat dock to the Magic Kingdom or Fort Wilderness. More information on boat transportation can be found on our transportation page.
Will you be using this great benefit of being a Disney Resort guest on your next vacation?What is your favorite transportation option from the Wilderness Lodge? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Do you love Disney’s Wilderness Lodge? Join fellow fans over on our facebook page and follow us on our twitter feed @DisneyHotelsFan!