One of the best things about any Disney resort is that you’ll never hear the kids say “We’re so bored!” There’s always something to do at your resort, and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is no exception. When you check in at the Wilderness Lodge, be sure to pick up a list of activities at the front desk. To make things a bit easier, we’ve decided to list our top five picks for kid activities!
1. Swim! The Silver Creek Springs Pool, located in the courtyard of the resort, has a great water slide that kids (and grownups) will absolutely love! And for the wee ones, a smaller “kid size” pool is available. Be sure to keep the little ones in swim diapers in that pool! Life vests are also available for kids who might need a little extra floating help in the water. Oh, and be sure to watch for Fire Rock Geyser to erupt every hour!
2. Pool parties! Every afternoon the cast members throw an awesome Silver Springs Pool Party for anyone who wants to join in. There’s music and dancing and hula hoop contests – fun for the whole family.
3. Video Games! The Buttons and Bells Arcade, located across from the Club’s Den near the Mechantile is the perfect spot to play after a long day at the park. It’s also a good way to pass the hours if rain threatens to dampen your pool day. You must purchase points to play – the arcade operates on the Arcade cards system.
4. Hidden Mickey Scavenger Hunt! There are Hidden Mickeys throughout the resort – you just have to look for them! Ask the front desk for the Wilderness Lodge Hidden Mickey Hunt sheet to help you in your search. How many can you find?
5. The Beach! OK, so you can’t swim at this beach, but you can still enjoy it during the day. And every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night you can watch a movie on the beach. If that’s not enough, every night at 9:30 p.m. you can watch the Electric Water Pageant glide by the resort.
Do your kids have any favorite activities at the Wilderness Lodge? Let us know in the comments.