The activities list is already long, but we’ve left out a few important ones, which we’re going to highlight here:
- The Electric Water Pageant: Every evening at around 9:30pm, look out on Bay Lake to see the famous Disney World Electric Water Pageant glide by. This series of 14 illuminated floats, accompanied by Disney favorites and patriotic music, is the longest running show at Disney World. It was created for the dedication of the Polynesian Resort in October 1971. Staying in a Courtyard View room? You’ll be able to see it from your balcony!
- Flag Family: Each and every single day at the Wilderness Lodge, one family is chosen to be the “Flag Family.” This team will accompany our favorite Wilderness Lodge CM, Ranger Stan, to the roof of the Resort to raise the five flags that fly over the hotel: the American Flag, the Florida State Flag, the Walt Disney World flag, and two Wilderness Lodge flags. Reservations to take part go fast, so ask when you check-in if there are any flag family spots available during your stay!
- Movie Under the Stars: On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings, head down to the Marina for movie night! Check with the front desk for a movie schedule.
- Conversation with a Steam Train Specialist: Twice a month (likely the second and fourth Tuesdays, but that’s subject to change!), you have the opportunity to learn from a Magic Kingdom Steam Train Specialist! Meet in the Carolwood Pacific Room at the Villas at 11:30am.
- Duck Races, Hula Hoop Contests, and Cookie Decorating, OH MY!: Throughout the day, Wilderness Lodge offers pooly parties, Bingo, Disney Triva games, Cookie Decorating, Beach Games, and Chalk Art, among many other activities! Check the Sample Activities Sheets in our Maps and Printed Materials Gallery to see all of the varied opportunities that are available to you and your family! NOTE: To view a larger image of these activities sheets from the gallery, click on the word “original” beneath the image, then click on the image to zoom in.