The Top 5 Things We Love about Disney's Wilderness Lodge
5. Outdoor Activities: There is so much to do in the great outdoors at the Wilderness Lodge including renting bikes, surrey bikes, pontoon boats, SeaRaycers, and more. The Teton Boat and Bike Rentals is a short walk from the main building and it’s the place to rent all your outdoor equipment. The resort also has a lovely white sand beach, and while you can’t swim from the beach it’s a great place to sit in the sun and relax. And each Thursday, Friday and Saturday night you can watch a movie on the beach. If that’s not enough, every night at 9:30 p.m. you can watch the Electric Water Pageant glide by the resort.
4. Ease of traveling to the theme parks: One of the perks of staying at the Wilderness Lodge is the availability of boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom. The boats launch from the Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock and the “red flag” boats go to the Magic Kingdom, while the “blue flag” boats head to the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness. Taking the boat back to the resort after a long day at the Magic Kingdom is often quicker than waiting for a bus.
3. Silver Springs Pool: We love the pool at Wilderness Lodge! The Silver Springs Pool features a water slide, two hot tubs, a wading pool for the little ones, and the Trout Pass Pool Bar. On most days cast members will lead guests in pool-side entertainment. A word of “warning” too: if you have a pool view room be prepared for noise during the day. While the views of the pool are nice, if you’re looking for a quiet room these might not be it.
2. Dining Options: The Wilderness Lodge has some of the best dining locations on Disney property, including Whispering Canyon Café, Artist Point, and Roaring Fork. No matter if you’re having breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe you’re going to get delicious food and have a rootin’ tootin’ good time. And always ask for ketchup. Artist Point is a signature dining location and one of the best dining options on property. Other great dining options include the Trout Pass Pool Bar and the Territory Lounge.
1. The Lobby: There are so many things to love about the lobby at the Wilderness Lodge. It is honestly breathtaking when you walk in for the first time. And even if you’ve seen the lobby a hundred times it’s still awe-inspiring with the towering Lodgepole Pine, the 55-foot totem poles, and the 82-foot tall fireplace. We could spend hours just relaxing in the lobby, soaking it all in.
And of course let’s not forget that the Wilderness Lodge was recently re-added to AAA’s list of four-diamond resort in Florida! The Wilderness Lodge was one of only seven Florida resorts to be added to this year’s list. Thirty-three other Central Florida resorts are on the four-diamond list, including several other Disney resorts.
Tell us – what is your favorite thing about staying at the Wilderness Lodge? Leave us a comment!